Thursday 28 March 2024

You matter, take care of yourself too !

 

Every now and then i think about how people talk, think, interpret and communicate. In a life that's already stressed out with everyday hassles of mundane events and squeezed time, we tend to forget how life needs a kinder approach. Not only to ensure peace and happiness for others but for oneself too. 

from hereon, "We" will be replaced with "I" to focus on oneself

I am amazed at the fact and world will be equally amused that.... even if I am not there in the chaos or the regular grind...life will keep moving....people will keep growing....things will keep happening. 

Nothing stops, everything will adapt to your absence. Don't be like "Oh if i am gone, all hell will break lose". That's the biggest myth and even if its true, you are in a wrong place or with wrong people then.

Therefore, I need to find time for myself once in a while, do things I like, make a wish, go incognito, become invisible, look at a valley, hear the waves  crashing with each other, stare at the stars, camp in a jungle, meditate in a  temple...a thousand ways, a thousand things....I will find one get away for myself and enjoy it tot he full.

Give your body, you mind, your soul a chance to dance with your own self. 

In one of my experiences, We went as a group for a meditation course. All one had to do was to sit and breathe. No movement, no shouting, no reciting...just sit and breathe. From early morning to evening, the sessions lasted 2 hours at a go with some breaks for food and rest. Early dinner and then lights out. Sitting there breathing and just breathing, a thousand thoughts started coming out. From childhood to school to college...stories, anecdotes...friends, enemies, parents, relatives, crushes, first love, second  love, third love...the future, the choices, the alternatives, the dreams, the challenges. Everything comes to the mind when you are just sitting and breathing without any external disturbance and communication. And then after a certain time, when you have exhausted all the thoughts and pondered over them again and again....mind goes blank...you start to really feel whats happening inside your body...the waves in your body. You come to know yourself. You are with yourself.  

Similarly, we need to break away from mundane routine, constraints, dependencies and make sure we do things that help us know ourselves, satisfy our physical, emotional and spiritual needs and desires. You can only do till you can, when you can't then you can only think and it will be too late.

So, i tell myself.....
I will travel for myself
I will eat for myself
I will love for myself
I will pray for myself
myself ! I will never forget myself. 





No comments:

Post a Comment